Saturday, September 26, 2015

The latest TV spot and new poster arrives for Creed



After two already intriguing trailers for the upcoming Rocky spinoff Creed, a third TV spot has been released, along with a new poster. The spinoff will star Micael B. Jordan as Adonis Creed, the son of Rocky Balboa's former rival-turned-friend Apollo Creed who tries to follow in his father's footsteps. The third trailer doesn't show as much as the first two, but it is no less intriguing to say the least.

I'm not a huge boxing fan, but I loved the first Rocky, and Creed looks like it could do well in continuing the legacy that Rocky started almost 40 years ago. I also firmly believe this could be another movie to truly showcase Michael B. Jordan's talents as an actor - not to mention get the bad taste of the major flop Fantastic Four out of everyone's mouths. As for the newly released poster, it's not the greatest or coolest poster I've ever seen, but I'm glad it steered away from the stereotypical image of the main character standing with their back turned with an inspirational quote, or even from putting the main character(s) in the middle of the poster with the supporting cast surrounding in a circle, almost like a clock. I have to give it credit though, even though as a whole it could be better, it does feel like it fits the tone of the film. I can't say Creed is one of my most anticipated of the year, but I'm still majorly excited and looking forward to it.







Creed is directed by Ryan Coogler, written by both Coogler and Aaron Covington. It'll make its way into theaters later this year on November 26, 2015.


Source: First Showing

No comments:

Post a Comment