Thursday, September 24, 2015

Sony Pictures debuts the first teaser trailer for Angry Birds



In what might amount to one of the most unnecessary (but could admittedly potentially be good...but that feels like a big 'if') adaptations ever, the Angry Birds video game is making the jump to the big screen with Sony Pictures producing, and first-time directors Clay Kaytis and Fergal Reilly at the helm. Both Clay and Fergal had previously worked on numerous animated films in the animation and arts departments before moving on to adapt Angry Birds.

I'll be honest, I enjoyed the Angry Birds iPhone game back when it first came out a few years ago. Well, ok, I was more into the Star Wars I & II spinoffs rather than the original game or any of the other spinoffs. That being said, the first time I heard they were making a feature film about the destructive flying birds and their pig nemeses, I wasn't really sure it was a good idea. The game itself barely has a storyline, if any storyline at all, so to make a movie it would have to do something completely different. The new teaser doesn't do much to ease my concern that it'll turn out to be a good movie. I do hope I'm wrong, but I'm cautious. Hopefully when the next full trailer arrives my concern will subside.







Angry Birds will crash its way into theaters May 20th, 2016.



Source: First Showing

No comments:

Post a Comment