Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation



If there's anything to be said about Ethan Hunt, it should be noted that he is the go-to guy for getting the job done, no matter the cost. Sure, a building - or two - might be reduced to rubble in the process, or the bad guy might see a grave instead of the inside of a jail cell, but at least Ethan saves the day in the end. After almost 20 years, however, it seems the U.S. government has had enough of Hunt's escapades and proceeds to try and shut him and the rest of the Impossible Missions Force (IMF) down for good. In the world of spies, "shutting down" basically boils down to "kill or be killed". Never mind the lingering issue of a rogue spy network trying to eliminate the IMF and take over the world, Ethan Hunt now has to watch his every step to avoid his own government from catching him. It's a mission that on the outside seems...impossible.

I'm a huge fan of the Mission: Impossible series, and before I saw Rogue Nation, I considered Mission Impossible 2 to be the best in the series. After seeing Rogue Nation, I had to go back and watch the rest in the series to see how each holds up after not seeing any of them for so long. Since then, I think I would have to change my order of favorites. From most favorite to least, I think I'd have to put them in the following order: Ghost Protocol, Rogue Nation,  MI:3, Mission: Impossible, and MI:2. Looking back I'm not sure what I saw in MI:2 to make it my favorite, but whatever it was, I must have either forgotten it, or saw something different when watching it after a few years that made me like it less. I do still love the entire series though. I've heard Tom Cruise is already working on a sixth Mission: Impossible. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can come up with next. Oh, and not to mention, I am seriously hoping Ving Rhames, Simon Pegg, Rebecca Ferguson, and Jeremy Renner all return for the next film.

No comments:

Post a Comment