Sunday, June 15, 2014

The first full trailer for the big screen adaptation of Paddington is here



To kick off the release of the first trailer of the big screen adaptation Paddington, this past week has brought a creepily humorous meme turning the popular children's story into a horror story, photoshopping the lovable Paddington Bear into stills of different horror flicks. Thankfully, the real trailer for the upcoming adaptation is far less creepy. 

With the title character played by Colin Firth, Paddington will tell the story of how the teddy bear makes his way from his home in the forest to the big city to look for some adventure. While traveling the city Paddington comes across a taxidermist who wants to stuff him. He finds refuge from the city and the taxidermist through a kind family - the Browns - that takes him in as one of their own. 

I wish I could put into words just how happy I was initially to see one of my favorite childhood memories being adapted into film. After seeing the trailer however, I still have hope that it's going to be wonderful, but I wish Hollywood would stop going for the more vulgar/toilet humor and go back to the days of comedies like Cool Runnings, Toy Story, Princess Bride, etc. I really did not need to see Paddington Bear sticking toothbrushes in his ears and licking the stuff that came out. I'll save that rant for another day though.




Paddington will make his way into theaters in the UK on November 23, 2014 and will then arrive in the US a month later on Christmas Day 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment